Coconut Vegetable Curry with Cilantro Quinoa
Servings: 6 to 8
The perfect blend of tender vegetables and creamy coconut sauce, this coconut vegetable curry pairs perfectly with cilantro quinoa. Feel free to use the vegetables suggested in the recipe or mix-and-match using your favorites and whatever you have on hand.
- 1 ½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups fresh chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (14-ounce) cans coconut milk
- Lemon wedges
- Whisk together the quinoa and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the quinoa absorbs the liquid.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork then stir in the cilantro and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, carrot, cauliflower, garlic and ginger then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the curry powder, turmeric, vegetable broth, and coconut milk.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook on low heat for 12 to 15 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the tomatoes during the last 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste then serve the curry hot over the cilantro quinoa.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedges to serve.
470 calories per serving, 34g fat, 38g carbs, 10.5g protein, 7g fiber.