Maple Roasted Vegetable Medley
Servings: 12 to 14
This maple roasted vegetable medley is the perfect combination of tender-crisp vegetables and
sweet maple syrup. Enjoy this medley as a side dish for your favorite vegetarian meal or enjoy it
as a main dish, served over steamed brown rice or quinoa.
- 1 (2-pound) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1 pound turnips or parsnips, peeled
- 1 pound beets, peeled
- 2 medium heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 to ½ cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Coarsely chop the vegetables and combine them in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper until evenly coated then spread on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 minutes until they start to brown.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and toss to coat.
- Roast the vegetables for another 20 to 25 minutes until tender and browned.
- Spoon the vegetables into a bowl and serve hot.
185 calories per serving, 8g fat, 28g carbs, 4g protein, 6g fiber.