Whole-Wheat Lemon Artichoke Pasta
Servings: 6 to 8
If you are looking for a healthy dinner option that is still full of flavor, you can’t do better than this whole-wheat lemon artichoke pasta. This dish is simply delicious and surprisingly simple to prepare.
- 1 lbs. whole-wheat linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chevre cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil then add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to the instructions on the package (about 9 to 11 minutes).
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the artichokes and onion – cook for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the pasta to the skillet, tossing to coat with the oil and stirring in the artichokes.
- Stir in the chevre cheese, parsley, lemon juice and lemon zest – season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until heated through, adding a few tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid if needed.
- Serve the pasta hot garnished with parmesan cheese.
415 calories per serving, 18g fat, 40g carbs, 26g protein, 8g fiber.