Servings: 10 to 12
This avocado and sundried tomato bruschetta is perfect for pleasing a crowd – enjoy it as an appetizer at your next get-together or use it as a light lunch or dinner just for the family.
- 1 whole-wheat baguette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices uncooked vegetarian bacon
- 3 medium ripe avocado, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 large Roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the broiler in your oven to high heat.
- Slice the baguette at an angle into ¼-inch slices and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Brush the slices with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Broil the baguette slices for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until just toasted and browned.
- Heat the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp – remove to paper towels to drain then chop coarsely.
- Combine the avocado, sundried tomato, lime juice and garlic in a mixing bowl – stir until well combined.
- In another bowl, toss together the diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the avocado mixture onto each tomato slice and top with a spoonful of the balsamic tomato mixture.
- Garnish with bruschetta bite with a piece of chopped bacon.
250 calories per serving, 15.5g fat, 28g carbs, 7g protein, 8g fiber.
Leave a Reply