Nothing says breakfast like a hot and hearty frittata. This frittata is loaded with roasted red pepper, tender spinach, and feta cheese – top it off with some fresh parsley and you have a delicious meal!
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, packed
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat the broiler in your oven to high heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, parsley, and basil in a small bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the red onions and cook for 3 minutes then add the roasted red pepper, tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes then stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted – about 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring slightly to spread.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and cook for about 4 minutes until the edges begin to set.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 2 to 3 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Let the frittata rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
200 calories per serving, 14g fat, 5g carbs, 13g protein, 2g fiber.